Sunday, June 9, 2013

Is a Hello a must?

Hello,

I have been in and out of quite a few Boutiques lately, and I have to tell you a cheery hello when I walk in, or any acknowledgement at all for that matter is greatly lacking. One day I was in and out of many quaint little Boutiques and two out of three of them did not even acknowledge the fact that I was in their store. It's not just employees either, there has been an owner or two on the floor when I've walked in. Being in retail for many years I understand that sometimes it get crazy and you can't speak to every single person that walks in the door. Not the case in any of these circumstances, unless two customers at once is considered crazy. If that's the case you are in serious trouble.
  Customers should feel welcomed when they walk into your store. Greeting them with a hello, or even a friendly smile easily accomplishes that, and let's them know you are there to help if needed. They will be more likely to come back, and more importantly to BUY. After all, isn't that why you are all in business? On a daily basis sometimes it's easy to forget that the most important job you (and your employees) have is to focus on every customer that walks in the door. Engage them, find out what they need and sell, sell, sell!

P.S. It also cuts down on theft.

No comments:

Post a Comment